Sydney’s newest motorway, NorthConnex, will be open to motorists from Saturday 31 October.

This $3 billion mega-project will be a game changer for motorists, reducing travel times by up to 15 minutes and avoiding 21 sets of traffic lights along Pennant Hills Road.

New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian said with construction complete, the final commissioning has almost wrapped up, with more than 50,000 tests and checks done so far to ensure the motorway is ready to open.

Federal Minister for Population, Cities and Urban Infrastructure, Alan Tudge said this is one of the most significant and eagerly anticipated road infrastructure projects ever delivered in Australia.

Ahead of the opening, the community is encouraged to plan their journey using new driver experience videos and a virtual guided tour with 360 degree tunnel vision.

NorthConnex is expected to open in the early hours of Saturday 31 October, once the final safety checks have been completed.

Electronic message signs will be updated to inform motorists of the opening date.